On the night of June 20, 2019, the clouds parted and we were all treated to one of the greatest things known to man: A visual of what it’s like to day drink with Rihanna.
The artist and business mogul appeared on Late Night with Seth Meyers Thursday night and shenanigans did, indeed, ensue.
Let’s talk about Rihanna’s laugh for a second; it’s infectious as hell and just an all-around source of joy. Here are some of the things Rihanna’s laugh can accomplish:
1. World peace.
2. A split second of bliss where President Dilapidated Traffic Cone doesn’t exist.
3. Getting a taxi within seconds on a Saturday night in a major city.
4. Magically turning Mondays into Fridays, and not just any Friday but paid Fridays.
5. A Game of Thrones series finale that is universally beloved.
Because the best conversations happen during day drinking, Meyers and Rih chatted it up about what she should do if she quits music (sound the alarms!); she offered love advice to the late night talk show host (“blow your wife away!”) and gave him a Fenty Beauty “summer eye” makeup look.
Additionally, Meyers made Rihanna a bunch of wacky drinks such as “Diamonds in the Rye,” “We Found Veuve In A Hostess Place” and “Under my Rumbrella.”
- “It’s a milk alternative. It’s a nut milk,” Meyers said. “What? Don’t you ever say that again,” Rihanna quipped. Rih with the double entendre! Let’s be friends.
- When Rihanna snatches that Veuve Clicquot bottle and takes it to the head. Now that’s an Instagrammable moment. Take that, fancy influencers at the Veuve Cliquot Polo Classic, which I actually want to go to one day, just so I can wear a fascinator.
- “Just drink. Shut up,” Rihanna said. A mantra. A lifestyle. I mean, she had a song called, “Shut Up and Drive,” why can’t we have “Shut Up and Drink?” I bet it’s going to be a single on R9, releasing on Neverary 34th.
- “You just did salt cooler than I’ll ever do salt in my life,” Meyers noted, correctly, as Rihanna took a tequila shot during their fashionably lit drinking game. Because yes, she does everything cooler than everyone will ever do in their lives.
- “Excuse me, are you the girl from Battleship?” Meyers asked Rihanna during a pickup line game, to which Rih walked right the fuck out. I guffawed.
- Meyers dancing on the couch and Rihanna yelling, “Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise!”
Rihanna over everything.