Adam Venit (Amanda Edwards/Getty Images)

Because no one cares about black people, not even when they say they have been sexually assaulted, WME exec Adam Venit was allowed to return to work Monday at the Beverly Hills entertainment agency after serving a one-month suspension related to allegations of sexual assault lodged against him by actor Terry Crews.

Venit was demoted from his position as head of WME’s motion picture department and suspended for one month in late October, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Sources told THR that Venit made a tearful apology to staff at the agency’s morning meeting.

In early October, Crews told the story of his alleged sexual assault by Venit‚ÄĒwithout naming the executive‚ÄĒin early October at the height of all the allegations against Hollywood executive and producer Harvey Weinstein.

Advertisement

Earlier this month, Crews filed a police report in Los Angeles and went on to tell his story on Good Morning America. Crews also fired WME as his representation.

According to THR, at the time of the alleged assault, Crews complained to his WME agent Brad Slater, but nothing was ever done about it. Only after Crews tweeted on Oct. 10 did WME learn that he was referring to Venit. They conducted their own investigation and determined that it was an isolated incident on Venit’s part.

When news broke of Venit’s return to work Monday, Crews had his own response on Twitter.

Advertisement

‚ÄúSOMEONE GOT A PASS,‚ÄĚ he tweeted.

Yes, he did, Terry. Yes, he did.