DMX was found unconscious and not breathing in a Yonkers, N.Y., hotel parking lot Tuesday morning, according to NBC 4 New York, and first responders are credited with resuscitating the rapper.
According to Murray Richman, the rapper's attorney, his client was passed out in the parking lot of a Ramada Inn. When first responders arrived, they began CPR and the rapper started breathing again.
Earlier reports from TMZ alleged that drug use might have been the cause, since the rapper was allegedly seen ingesting a powdery substance. But Richman says his client, whose real name is Earl Simmons, has a history of asthma, and he knows nothing about any drug use.
The EMTs did administer an IV of the drug Narcan, which is used to treat narcotics overdoses, according to TMZ.
DMX is now recovering at St. Joseph's Hospital.